We’re not afraid to name names and give specific equipment recommendations. These are our opinions and only reflect our experiences with these products. If it is on this page, we recommend it for your use (as appropriate for your type of vehicle).
“Your mileage may vary...” Troopy
All parts supplied by ARB USA Inc., Seattle, WA (www.arbusa.com) through the Performance Shop in Fairbanks, Alaska.
- OME CS002F Springs (Front HD) - 2 ea.
- OME CS003R Springs (Rear HD) - 2 ea.
- OME N81 Shocks w/boots (Front) - 2 ea.
- OME N42 Shocks w/boots (Rear) - 2 ea.
- OME SD23 Steering Dampener - 1 ea.
- OME SB1 Hanger Bushing Kit (F35mm) - 4 ea.
- OME SB1 Spring Bushings (Front) - 4 ea.
- OME SB 79 Spring Bushing Kit (Rear) - 2 Kits
- OME U59B U-bolts (Rear) - 4 ea.
- OME U55 U-bolt (Front flat) - 1 ea.
- OME U59A U-bolts (Front) - 3 ea.
- OME GS17 Rear Shackles (Greaseable) - 4
- OME GS2 Front Shackles (Greaseable) - 4
- OME GP1 (Front)/GSP-02 (Rear) Greaseable
- Grease, lithium (for Zirks and pre-assembly)
Chassis and Axles:
- Stainless steel extended brake lines - Specter Off-Road
- Knuckle rebuild kit - Iron Pig Off Road
- Front & rear bearing kits - Iron Pig Off Road
- HD front & rear seals - Iron Pig Off Road
- Manual hubs (AISIN) - Iron Pig Off Road
- Differential bearing kits (ARB 160116) - Iron Pig Off Road
- ARB Air Lockers (for front and rear diffs) / HD CKMA 12 compressor - Iron Pig Off Road
- Tie rod ends (5) - Iron Pig Off Road
Wheels and Tires:
All parts, mounting and balancing supplied by American Tire, Inc., Fairbanks, Alaska (www.americantire.net).
- Cooper Tires Discoverer STT Size LT 265x75R16 - 5 ea.
- Unique White Spoke Wheels, 16 in., Steel - 5 ea.
- Oil filter (no. 85627) - Car Quest Auto Parts (www.carquest.com)
- Fuel filter (no. 86386) - Car Quest Auto Parts
- Air filter (K&N) - Specter Off Road
- Belts - (P/S no. TR26253, Fan no. TR22416) Car Quest Auto Parts
- Battery Tray/Hold Down - Cool Cruisers of Texas
- 2H Headers - Cruiser Parts
- Exhaust (custom) - Fairbanks Muffler and Exhaust
- Battery - Optima Red (Starting) and Yellow (House) Batteries - Napa Auto Parts - (www.napaonline.com)
- Alternator - All Four X 4 Parts (Australia)
- Voltage Regulator (OEM Toyota) - Specter Off Road
- Glow Plugs (6) - (OEM Toyota) - local source
- 4-speed shift knob - Specter Off Road
- New brake, clutch, accelerator pedal pads - Cruiser Corps
- Front Bucket Seats - Cruiser Parts
- Front Bucket Seat covers - Specter Off Road
- Underseat Safe - Front Runner Outfitters
- “Tuffy” Security Center Console - Specter Off Road
- “Diesel” Toyota OEM front grill badge - Specter Off Road
- Stock gas cap (Toyota OEM "diesel") - Cruiser Corps
- Rear Swing-Away Tire Carrier System - Specter Off Road
- R/L Jerry Can Holders (right side hinged) - Specter Off Road
- Tool Carriers - Specter Off Road
- HI-Lift Jack Carrier - Specter Off Road
- Front Winch Bumper - Specter Off Road
- Warn M8000 Winch - Specter Off Road
- Winch solenoid bracket - Searchers 4WD (www.searchers4wd.com)
- Roof Rack - Front Runner Outfitters 2.5m “WindCheetah” Slimline (actually designed for a Mercedes "G" Wagon, but fits the HJ47 by using Thule load bars and bolting it on)
- 40L Water Carrier - Front Runner Outfitters
- Double Jerry Can Holder - Front Runner Outfitters
- Tent Mounting kit - Front Runner Outfitters
- Light Mounts (2) - Front Runner Outfitters
- Load bars (4) w/8 “tall” feet - Thule (www.thule.com)
- Rear ambulance door weather stripping - Cruiser Corps
- Front R/L door weather stripping - Cruiser Corps
- Rooftop Tent - Eezi Awn Series 3 1800 with shower skirt - Equipt1 Outfitters
- Awning - Eezi Awn 2.5m - Equipt1 Outfitters
- Rear Tent - OZTent F25 “Jet Tent” - Family Tent Camping
- Table - REI Roll-Away - Recreational Equipment Inc.
- Chairs - OZTent “King Goanna” (2) - Family Tent Camping
- Cots - OZTent “King Goanna” Stretchers - Family Tent Camping
- Kitchen - Kanz Outdoors Field Kitchen with Partner Steel 22” camping stove
- Pantry/Food Storage - Kanz Outdoors Field Pantry
- Refrigerator - National Luna 52 Liter Stainless "Weekender" - Equipt Outfitters
- Refrigerator Slide - Tembo Tusk Extreme Duty
- Auxiliary "House" Battery System - National Luna Portable Power Pak - Equipt Outfitters
Web Supplier Links: (Not in any particular order)
- Specter Off Road - www.sor.com (Our #1 resource for Troopy’s restoration parts and accessories. Great staff and very knowledgable. If they don’t have it they usually can get it.)
- Cruiser Corps - www.cruisercorps.com (Great new website and good service.)
- Cool Cruisers of Texas - www.coolcruisers.com (They’ve got high quality equipment and a great website - Cruiser calendars too!)
- Expedition Exchange - www.expeditionexchange.com (great site for equipment AND commentary on quality, applicability, usability, etc. Wonderful resource. Too bad they won’t ship USPS up to Alaska!)
- ARB - www.arbusa.com or www.arb.com.au (High quality vehicle and expedition equipment, particularly for Land Cruisers. We highly recommend their products - you’ll see more and more of them on Troopy as we progress!)
- Man-a-Fre - www.man-a-fre.com (Older business providing Land Cruiser parts and advice - still one of the best)
- Kanz Outdoors - www.kanzoutdoors.com (High quality field kitchen and pantry boxes for overlanding. Great stuff.)
- Cruiserparts.net - www.cruiserparts.net (Another great resource for parts.)
- Cruiser Outfitters - www.cruiseroutfitters.com (Land Cruiser parts and accessories)
- Slee Offroad - www.sleeoffroad.com (Later model Land Cruiser and expedition parts)
- Cruizers.com - www.cruizers.com (One of the largest sites exclusively for used TLCs - 40 through 60 series, parts and other-than-US spec cruisers - great resource!)
- Cruiser Parts.net - www.cruiserparts.net (This is where we bought our used bucket seats and 2H headers. Good folks to talk with on your resto project!)
- Equipt Expedition Outfitters - www.equipt1.com (Super expedition equipment supplier - this is where we bought our Eezi Awn rooftop tent, National Luna fridge and accessories.)
- FrontRunner Outfitters - www.frontrunneroutfitters.com (Talk to Tina and Dave - we selected their Slimline roof rack and rack accessories for Troopy - great stuff - built tough in South Africa).
- Searchers Off-Road Supply and Outfitters - (www.searchers4wd.com (Phillip and his crew in Louisiana have a great selection of parts and fabricate a perfect solenoid bracket for the Warn M8000 winch).
- Overland Gourmet - (www.overlandgourmet.com and http://shop.overlandgourmet.com/) (Perfect place to shop for your expedition camp supplies and research those superb camp recipes. Highly recommended).
- Tembo Tusk - www.tembotusk.com (Makers of our fridge slide and hold-down straps. Great quality equipment.)
- Adventure Trailers - http://www.adventuretrailers.com/ (Great overlanding equipment including trailers, jerry can holders, 12v and solar, etc. Highly recommended.)
- All Four X 4 Parts - www.allfourx4.com.au (New South Wales, Australia). If you've got an HJ47 Cruiser (or any other Cruiser from Oz), these guys either have or can get your resto parts. Shipping is expensive, however.)